AARP Free Tax Return and Filing Help
Hilton Branch – AARP Foundation, in co-operation with the Internal Revenue Service, is providing FREE tax assistance, especially to low- and moderate-income residents, with special attention to those age 60 and above. Trained volunteers will be preparing 2012 federal and state income tax returns. Returns will be e-filed at no cost to the taxpayer, using IRS software.
Mondays, February 4 through April 15
Appointments are necessary. Appointments available at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 noon and 1 p.m. To make an appointment, call Gail at 973-669-4660.
Please be sure you have all necessary documents before calling. Please do not call the library. If a joint return is to be prepared, BOTH taxpayers should be present.
Documents to bring:
- Social security cards for taxpayer(s), children and other dependents
- Copies of your 2011 federal and state income tax returns
- All documents related to income, such as: W-2, 1099 (Social Security, interest, dividends, pension, tax basis for gains or losses)
- Unemployment compensation statements
- Information regarding deductible expenses, such as: medical costs, property taxes, mortgage interest, and charitable contributions
For more information on the AARP Tax-Aide progrm go to www.AARP.com/taxaide