3D Printer Policy
The Library’s 3D printers are available to Maplewood Memorial Library cardholders to make three-dimensional plastic objects using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file under the supervision of a trained staff member or volunteer on a first come, first served basis.
Restrictions: The Library reserves the right to refuse the production of any content at any time at the discretion of Library staff. Examples of objects that will not be produced include, but are not limited to:
- Objects that are illegal or harmful to minors
- Any object that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortuous, obscene, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable
- Objects that may be construed as having intent to harm or capability of harming an animal or person in any way
- Objects that may infringe upon the intellectual property rights of a third party
- Objects larger than 8” x 10” x 8”
By submitting objects for printing, the patron assumes all responsibility for, and shall hold the Library harmless in, all matters related to patented, trademarked, or copyrighted materials.