AARP Free Tax Return & Filing Help
AARP Foundation, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service, is providing FREE tax assistance, especially to low– and moderate-income residents, with special attention to those age 60 and above. Trained volunteers will be preparing 2013 federal and state income tax returns. Returns will be e-filed using IRS software at no cost to the taxpayer.
Mondays & Wednesdays by appointment only February 10 through April 14 at the Maplewood Hilton Branch Library, 1688 Springfield Ave
· To make an appointment, call Gary at 973-669-4660.
· Please do not call the library.
· Have all necessary documents before calling.
· If a joint return is to be prepared, BOTH taxpayers should be present.
Documents to bring:
· photo ID, such as a driver’s license
· Social security cards for taxpayers, children, other dependents
· copies of your 2012 federal & state tax returns
· all documents related to income: W2, 1099 (Social Security, interest, dividends, pension, tax basis for gains & losses)
· unemployment compensation statements
· information regarding deductible expenses: medical costs, property taxes, mortgage interest, charitable contributions, etc.
For more information about the AARP Tax-Aide program, go to www.AARP.com/taxaide.