3d Printing Procedures
- Any 3D drafting software may be used to create a design as long as the file can be saved in .stl or .obj file format
- The computers in the Library’s computer lab are equipped with Rhinoceros 3D modeling software that may be used to create a design
- Digital designs also are available from various file-sharing databases such as Thingiverse.com
- Patrons who wish to print should bring their file in .stl or .obj format (25MB or less) to the Computer Lab or email it to 3dprinter[at]maplewoodlibrary.org . Staff will add the model to the printing queue.
- If there is high demand, the Library will schedule only one print per day per person or entity.
- The files will be readied for printing in Simplify3D or other authorized software. The Library will view all files in Simplify3D or other authorized software before printing.
- Wait/pickup time: Items may be picked up at the Hilton Branch Circulation Desk. It may be difficult to estimate exact print times. Library staff will make an educated guess about the length of a job upon request.
- Only designated Library staff and volunteers will have hands-on access to the 3D printer.
Please note that the procedure governing the use of the Library’s 3D printer is subject to change.