Free Tax Preparation
Sponsored by AARP Foundation & IRS. Mondays & Wednesdays, by appointment only February 11 – April 17, 2019 from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm at the Maplewood Hilton Branch Library, 1688 Springfield Ave.
To make an appointment, call Mickey at 973-372-2077. No calls after 9 pm. Please do not call the library.
Have all necessary documents before calling. If a joint return is to be prepared, BOTH taxpayers should be present.
Documents to bring:
- Government issued photo ID
- Social security cards for yourself and all dependents
- Copies of your 2018 federal & state tax returns
- W2 from each employer
- 1099 forms, Social Security, interest, dividends, pension, sale of assets, Railroad Retirement benefits
- unemployment compensation statements
- Proof of any that apply: Mortgage interest, property tax, medical/dental expenses, receipts for contributions to charity, records of tax refunds, dependent care provider info, receipts, cancelled checks or 1098 forms related to continuing education, lottery winnings form
- BRING A BLANK CHECK for routing information if you want to have your refund directly deposited
AARP Foundation, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service, provides FREE tax assistance, especially to low– and moderate-income residents, with special attention to those age 60 and above. Trained volunteers will be preparing 2014 federal and state income tax returns. Returns will be e-filed using IRS software at no cost to the taxpayer.
Click here for a printable pdf.