Free Tax Preparation
Sponsored by AARP Foundation & IRS. Mondays & Wednesdays, by appointment only February 6 – April 17, 2016 from 10 am – 2 pm at the Hilton Branch, 1688 Springfield Ave.
To make an appointment, call Mickey at 973-372-2077. Please do not call the library. Have all documents before calling. If a joint return is to be prepared, BOTH taxpayers should be present.
AARP Foundation, in cooperation with the Internal Revenue Service, provides FREE tax assistance, especially to low- and moderate-income residents, with special attention to those age 60 and above. Trained volunteers will prepare federal and state income tax returns. Returns will be e-filed using IRS software at no cost to the taxpayer.
Documents to bring:
- Government issued photo ID
- Social security cards for yourself and all dependents
- Copies of your 2015 federal & state tax returns
- W2 from each employer
- 1099 forms, Social Security, interest, dividends, pension, sale of assets, Railroad Retirement benefits
- Unemployment compensation statements
- Proof of any that apply: Mortgage interest, property tax, medical/dental expenses, receipts for contributions to charity, records of tax refunds, dependent care provider info, receipts, cancelled checks or 1098 forms related to continuing education, lottery winnings form
- BRING A BLANK CHECK for routing informaqtion if you want to have your refund directly deposited