Studio One Sound Engineering Policy
The Maplewood Library Create Space now offers Studio One 3 sound engineering software for all your sound recording needs. Studio One provides high-end, professional tools for recording and editing audio that can take on many projects – from single track, spoken word recordings to multi-track instrumental recordings. Come into the Create Space to lay down that audition track, or bring your band’s recording to produce a professional quality demo!
Some proficiency in using computers and recording devices is beneficial, but not required. We will provide you with an easy to follow, brief user guide, as well as a brief one-on-one tutorial. Should you need further assistance, please call the Hilton Branch librarian at 973-762-1688 to schedule a half hour session with assistance.
*Please note this is an amateur recording space! We offer the chance to work with quality equipment and introduce you to the production process, but the sound quality is not what you might find in a professional studio.
Studio One 3 Sound Engineering Policy and Requirements
This equipment is free to use for all Maplewood Library card holders.
- Users of the studio are responsible for the safety and usable condition of the equipment in the studio.
- Users will be required to sign a waiver acknowledging responsibility for the care of the equipment during his/her session, and for the quality of the recording.
- Users should bring an external hard disk drive (HDD) to save work.
- USB 2.0 and 500 gigabyte is the minimum required, but USB 3.0 and 1 TB terabyte is recommended for optimal speed and storage.
- The library will not store work once the session is complete.
- Users of the studio and equipment will comply with all terms of the Maplewood Library Rules of Conduct (http://www.maplewoodlibrary.org/policies/).
Approved May 18, 2016 by the Maplewood Memorial Library Board of Trustees