Transition Back to College
Main Library – This workshop will discuss the 4 steps for adults who want to return to college and complete a degree. The workshop is also appropriate for adults who have some college credits or no credits. Even parents of traditional aged (18-22) students may benefit from the workshop, especially, the financial aid information.
Dan will share advice on:
* Why you might want to return to school and finish that degree.
* Finding the right program — and programs to avoid.
* Filling out financial aid forms.
* Using your work experience to complete a degree more quickly.
* How to write a powerful personal statement.
Dan Gerger, president of Adult Education Advocates, Dan has worked in higher education in New York and New Jersey for more than 15 years, and he has advised hundreds of adult students on applying to and getting accepted into college and graduate programs.